Cycletour Western Islands and Jordaan quarter
Nowadays you can hardly imagine parts of Amsterdam that are as lovely and popular as the Western Islands and the Jordaan quarter. But it wasn’t always like that! The Western Islands and the Jordaan quarter belong together, a little bit like family does.
They were both founded in the 17th century to accommodate artisans and seaman, but its houses and reputation rapidly deteriorated in the centuries that followed. Now however they belong to one of Amsterdam’s most cherished and beautiful neighbourhoods.
This cycle tour will lead you past beautiful restored warehouses on 17th century islands, across charming wooden bridges and former shipyards, along houseboats and historic ships very near Amsterdam’s open waterfront.
The second part of our trip we will visit the famous Jordaan district. With its hidden courtyards, picturesque canals, beautifully restored houses and little shops, restaurants and cafes this is one of Amsterdam's best visited areas.
Why choose Local Experts?
Yes, please send me more info! >>>
- Our team has 15 years experience with organizing programs in Amsterdam.
- We always aim to make your trip to Amsterdam as succesful as possible.
- We offer sharp rates and an exquisite price-quality ratio.
- We only work with parties in Amsterdam that offer good quality.
- Our guides are professionals and have been living in Amsterdam for years.
- Since 2003 we have had more than 50.000 happy clients!