Architecture cruise The New City
Our architecture cruise 'The New City' explores the newest developments along Amsterdam’s waterfronts. Bit by bit Amsterdam faces its waterfronts again! Already you can enjoy architecture of many Dutch and international architects.
- From €565,- excl. VAT or 10 persons
- 1.5 hours sailing with beautiful private boat
- Including architecture guide
- Start and end vicinity CS Amsterdam
- Unique architecture program
There is a wealth of old and new architecture by many different architects to admire. An amazing mix of housing, businesses and recreational facilities has been created.
Sailing to the east of Amsterdam to the Eastern Docklands, you'll soon see a some highlights; Jo Coenen's public library, the new head office of Booking (still under construction), the beautiful Scheepvaarthuis (an early example of the world famous Amsterdam School architecture style), old warehouses and landmarks like the Muziekgebouw and Hotel Jakarta.
We will sail along characteristic projects such as the Silodam with the grain silos, the colourful container building of MVRDV architects and the 90 meter new landmark the Pontsteiger building. Opposite the former woodharbour of Amsterdam – now a lively new residential district – is the booming new cultural hotspot the NDSM-wharf. Eye-catchers on this northern riverbank are the EYE film institute and the A'DAM tower.
You'll not only enjoy the view, the boat is also beautiful! We sail with an elegant classic salon boat. There is a bar on board (prices of drinks are comparable with those in Amsterdam cafés) and there is a wide choice of snacks that you can order if you wish.
Why choose Local Experts?
Request info >>>
- Our team has 15 years experience with organizing programs in Amsterdam.
- We always aim to make your trip to Amsterdam as succesful as possible.
- We offer sharp rates and an exquisite price-quality ratio.
- We only work with parties in Amsterdam that offer good quality.
- Our guides are professionals and have been living in Amsterdam for years.
- Since 2003 we have had more than 50.000 happy clients!
|Rate||1- 10 pers: €565, - | 10 t/m 20 pers. € 795,- | Additional persons up to 25 €18,50 p.p. | >25 persons custom made offer| Rates are excluding touristtax, excluding 9% VAT|
|Languages||Available languages: Dutch or English.|
|Place of departure||The boat trip starts and ends close to Central Station Amsterdam. Other departure places are possible against extra charges.|
|Time of departure||All days of the week, starting times in consultation.|
|Duration||starting at 1,5 hours, starting and ending Central Station.|