Along Amsterdam's waterfront
Amsterdam's waterfront is booming! We cycle along Amsterdam's southern waterfront to the west of the city and see the most recent urban developments in housing, culture and businesses. Also the north of Amsterdam is visible because our tour will lead to wonderful views across the water of the opposite northern waterfront.
This architecture tour has it all: old- and new buildings in a splendid mix, houseboats and old cargo boats along the quays.
There's old and new architecture to admire of many architects. We cycle along big building blocks with their 'Cours' on the Westerdok Island, we see characteristic projects such as the 'Silodam' with the former grain silo's and the 'Containerbuilding' of MVRDV. In the distance across the water we see the remnants of a once lively harbour area although... looking just a bit further to the west the harbour is still very much alive.
Via the old wood harbour (which is now being redeveloped) we turn back passing beautiful historical warehouses on the Western Islands and the lively and diverse shopping street of the area. These parts of Amsterdam are already buzzing with life, work and recreation.
The cycle tour 'Along Amsterdam's Waterfront' is a revelation for every lover of architecture, the city and the waterfronts: in short it's an absolute must!
Why choose Local Experts?
Request info >>>
- Our team has 15 years experience with organizing programs in Amsterdam.
- We always aim to make your trip to Amsterdam as succesful as possible.
- We offer sharp rates and an exquisite price-quality ratio.
- We only work with parties in Amsterdam that offer good quality.
- Our guides are professionals and have been living in Amsterdam for years.
- Since 2003 we have had more than 50.000 happy clients!