Along Amsterdam's waterfront
Amsterdam's waterfront is booming! We cycle along Amsterdam's southern waterfront to the west of the city and see the most recent urban developments in housing, culture and businesses. Also the north of Amsterdam is visible because our tour will lead to wonderful views across the water of the opposite northern waterfront.
This architecture tour has it all: old- and new buildings in a splendid mix, houseboats and old cargo boats along the quays.
There's old and new architecture to admire of many architects. We cycle along big building blocks with their 'Cours' on the Westerdok Island, we see characteristic projects such as the 'Silodam' with the former grain silo's and the 'Containerbuilding' of MVRDV. In the distance across the water we see the remnants of the former NDSM ship-wharf. Once a lively harbour area it turned into a booming cultural hotspot.
Via the old wood harbour, which has now turned into a new residential district, we cycle further to have a look at the world famous Amsterdam School style building 'Het Schip'. And last but not least, on our way back we pass beautiful historic warehouses on the picturesque 17th century Western Islands.
The cycle tour 'Along Amsterdam's Waterfront' is an absolute must for every lover of architecture, the city, harbour areas and its waterfronts!
Why choose Local Experts?
Information request >>>
- Our team has 20 years experience with organizing programs in Amsterdam.
- We always aim to make your trip to Amsterdam as succesful as possible.
- We offer sharp rates and an exquisite price-quality ratio.
- We only work with parties in Amsterdam that offer good quality.
- Our guides are professionals and have been living in Amsterdam for years.
- Since 2003 we have had more than 50.000 happy clients!